If you've moved homes or changed your postal address, you must let Transport for NSW know your new details within 14 days. They'll update your vehicle registration and photo card details, and post you new address labels within 7 days. The labels can be stuck on the back of your licence card/Photo Card and any registration certificates.
Note: This is only for vehicles registered in your name. For vehicles registered in business or company names you must visit a service centre.
Transport for NSW customers who have:
- 10 or fewer vehicles registered in their name
- no journey or other restrictions on their driver licence or Photo Card.
- you have more than 10 vehicles registered in your name
- you have journey restrictions on your driver licence
- there are existing restrictions that mean you can't change online
- you're updating business or company address details
- you need to update a garaging address.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account. If your account is new, you'll also need:
- your personal details including your new address
- your NSW driver licence or Photo Card details.
How to change
- Select the 'Change online' button.
- Choose the details you'd like to change.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or continue as a guest. Enter your NSW driver licence or Photo Card details if you're creating a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Change your details by typing in the relevant box.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions before you submit the changes.
- Print, save or email your receipt, and keep it in a safe place.
- Your new address labels will be posted to you within 7 days.
- Your new address labels will be mailed to you within 7 days.
- Stick the labels on the back of your photocard/s and on any registration certificates.
- To update maritime licence details, visit Change address and contact details (boat licence, vessel registration or other maritime licence records).
Service NSW is providing certain customer service functions to Transport for NSW in relation to driver licensing, vehicle registration and other road licence records and must collect and otherwise handle your Personal Information for this purpose in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Service NSW may also disclose to Transport for NSW any information obtained from you in connection with performing these customer service functions. Transport for NSW is collecting your personal information to process your notification of a change of address on Transport for NSW records. Under road transport legislation you are required to notify Transport for NSW of any change of address. Transport for NSW may disclose your personal information: to other driver licensing and vehicle registration agencies, to assess your application or verify the information you provide and for inquiries about motor accidents. Additionally, where you provide personal information concerning the registration of a vehicle Transport for NSW may disclose that: to confirm any compulsory third party (bodily injury) insurance is current, to anyone proposing to acquire an interest in your vehicle, in respect of inquiries relating to stolen or abandoned vehicles, and to any joint registered operator of your vehicle. Otherwise Transport for NSW will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised by law. Your personal information will be held by Transport for NSW at 20 Ennis Rd, Milsons Point, NSW 2061. You have the right to access and correct the information if you believe that it is incorrect. By submitting your personal information, you warrant that it is true and complete.