If you've moved homes or changed your postal address, you must let Roads and Maritime Services know your new details within 14 days. They'll update your vehicle registration and licence details, and post you new address labels within 7 days. The labels can be stuck on the back of your licence card/Photo Card and any registration certificates.
Roads and Maritime customers who have:
- 10 or fewer vehicles registered in their name
- no journey or other restrictions on their driver licence or Photo Card.
- you have more than 10 vehicles registered in your name
- you have journey restrictions on your driver licence
- there are existing restrictions that mean you can't change online.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
If you don't have a MyServiceNSW Account:
- your personal details including your new address
- your NSW driver licence or Photo Card details.
How to change
- Select the 'Change online' button.
- Choose the address or contact details you'd like to change.
- Log into your MyServiceNSW Account, register one now, or continue as a guest.
- If you haven't previously linked your MyServiceNSW Account to Roads and Maritime, enter your NSW driver licence or Photo Card details. If your MyServiceNSW Account is already linked to Roads and Maritime, it will automatically display the details Roads and Maritime has, including your residential or postal address.
- Change your details by typing in the relevant box.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions before you submit the changes.
- Print, save or email your receipt, and keep it in a safe place.
- Your new address labels will be posted to you within 7 days.
- your new address labels will be mailed to you within 7 days
- stick the labels on the back of your photocard/s and on any registration certificates
- to update maritime licence details, visit Change address and contact details (boat licence, vessel registration or other maritime licence records).
Service NSW is providing certain customer service functions relating to Roads and Maritime Services products and services and must collect and otherwise handle your Personal Information for this purpose in accordance with this Privacy Statement. Service NSW may also disclose to Roads and Maritime Services any information obtained from you in connection with performing these customer service functions. Roads and Maritime Services is collecting your personal information to process your notification of a change of address on Roads and Maritime Services records. Under road transport legislation you are required to notify Roads and Maritime Services of any change of address. Roads and Maritime Services may disclose your personal information to other driver licensing and vehicle registration agencies, providers of compulsory third party (bodily injury) insurance to confirm that such insurance is current, proposed acquirers of vehicles, solicitors in regard to motor vehicle accidents, and inquiries relating to motor accidents or abandoned vehicles or which would be relevant to acquisition of any vehicle. Otherwise Roads and Maritime Services will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless authorised by law. Your personal information will be held by Roads and Maritime Services at 101 Miller St, North Sydney NSW 2060. You have the right to access and correct the information if you believe that it is incorrect. By submitting your personal information, you warrant that it is true and complete.