COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you've changed your residential or mailing address, or your name, you must update the details on your electoral enrolment. You can change your electoral enrolment details online.


You must enrol to vote if you:

  • are an Australian citizen, or eligible British subject
  • are aged 18 years and over
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

What you need

  • your personal details, including your old and new information
  • your eligibility details (Australian citizenship status or eligible British subject details)
  • your proof of identity (driver licence, Australian passport, or another person enrolled to vote who can be your witness or referee).

How to change

  1. Select the 'Change online' button.
  2. Select 'Update my details online'.
  3. Check the radio button 'Change my details'.
  4. Choose which details you want to change.
  5. Use the 'Next' and 'Previous' buttons to navigate through the form. Fill out the required details as you're prompted.
  6. Review your application.
  7. Make the declaration and submit your form.

More information

  • You only need to complete one form for federal, state or territory, and local government elections.
  • For privacy reasons, to check your enrolment online you must enter your details exactly as they appear on the electoral roll.
  • You can enrol to vote when you're aged 16 or 17 years, but can't vote until you're aged 18 years.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Australian Electoral Commission.

You'll be taken to another website.