If you want to change or correct your personal details – for example, date of birth or gender – on your driver licence, NSW photo card or mobility parking permit, you'll need to visit a service centre.

What you'll need

  • the Replacement Application form
  • your proof of identity
  • an original Birth Certificate showing your correct date of birth and name
  • for change of gender only, the Change of Records form, plus one of the following:
    • original Birth Certificate with your new gender indicated
    • a recognised details certificate issued by the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages (or equivalent Australian authority) that states your gender
    • a medical certificate confirming your gender from an Australian registered medical practitioner, or a medical certificate confirming your gender from the surgeon/clinic where the sex affirmation surgery was conducted.

How to change

  1. Download, print and complete the Replacement Application – PDF
  2. Download, print and complete the Change of Records – PDF (if applicable).
  3. Gather all the required documentation, and then visit a service centre to submit your application.

Who's eligible?

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services

Things to keep in mind...

  • Now when you apply for or renew a photo card at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost, generally within 5 to 10 working days.
  • If you haven’t received your photo card through the mail within 10 days, contact Roads and Maritime Services on 13 22 13
  • Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date. This means you have plenty of time to plan ahead and renew early.
  • For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
  • For further information about centralised printing, please visit Roads and Maritime Services
  • Changes to residential address, mailing address, email, or mobile number can be done online.