If you want to change or correct your personal details – for example, date of birth or gender – on your driver licence, NSW Photo Card or mobility parking scheme permit, you'll need to visit a service centre.
What you need
- the Replacement Application form
- your proof of identity
- an original Birth Certificate showing your correct date of birth and name
- for change of gender only, the Change of Records form, plus one of the following:
- original Birth Certificate with your new gender indicated
- a recognised details certificate issued by the Australian Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages (or equivalent Australian authority) that states your gender
- a medical certificate confirming your gender from an Australian registered medical practitioner, or a medical certificate confirming your gender from the surgeon/clinic where the sex affirmation surgery was conducted.
How to change
- Now when you apply for or renew a photo card at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost, generally within 5 to 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your photo card through the mail within 10 days, contact Transport for NSW (TfNSW) on 13 22 13
- Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date. This means you have plenty of time to plan ahead and renew early.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- For further information about centralised printing, please visit TfNSW.
- Changes to residential address, mailing address, email, or mobile number can be done online.