The option to update your organ or tissue donation decision is no longer available on your driver licence renewal form.
If you want to change your details, or change or remove your decision to donate with the Australian Organ Donor Register, you can do this online.
What you need
- myGov Medicare online account
- your personal details.
How to change
- Select the 'Change online' button.
- Log in to your myGov account.
- Select Medicare from Your services.
- Review your personal details, if all correct, select 'Proceed to Online Account' to access your Medicare online account.
- Select 'Organ donor details' from the left side navigation menu.
- Choose from the options 'Change or View my donation decision' or 'Remove me from the Donor Register'.
- Complete the online form to request the change or removal.
- Review your donation decision and, if correct, select 'Submit' to finalise the request.
If you don't wish to apply online:
- Download, complete and sign New registration, change or removal of details – PDF.
- Return the form to a Medicare Service Centre, or post your application to:
Department of Human Services
Australian Organ Donor Register
Reply Paid 711
Hobart TAS 7001