COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size

If you're concerned about the excessive barking of a dog, you can find information on the potential causes, and advice on how to deal with the problem at the Environmental Protection Authority (EPA) website.

If the noise is coming from your neighbour's dog, try talking to your neighbour as they might not know their dog is bothering you.

If the problem persists, there are a few ways to resolve the issue:

  • contact the Community Justice Centre (CJC) to help mediate and settle the problem
  • contact your local council who may issue a nuisance order (which incurs a fine for non-compliance) to the dog's owner, or
  • seek a noise abatement order from your local court.

For more information on how you can deal with barking dogs, visit the EPA website.

You'll be taken to another website.