When you renew a vehicle registration online, you need to provide the billing number. You can find this number via a current, or previously registered, NSW vehicle plate number.
Find the billing number for a vehicle
- the vehicle's NSW registration plate number.
- Select the 'Check online' button.
- Enter the vehicle's NSW plate number, without spaces or punctuation.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Search'.
- The billing number and the vehicle details will be displayed on the screen.
To search for another billing number, enter a new plate number. Your new search results will be displayed on screen.
- The vehicle billing number check can only be run on vehicles previously or currently registered in NSW.