Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you've been approved for a Firearms, Commercial Agents and Private Inquiry Agents (CAPI) or Security Industry Licence by NSW Police, please visit a service centre to have your Photograph Advice form processed and licence issued.


To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Transport for NSW (TfNSW).

What you need

More information

  • When you apply for or renew a photo card at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
  • Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
  • For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
  • Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the TfNSW website.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.