If you've been approved for a Firearms, Commercial Agents and Private Inquiry Agents (CAPI) or Security Industry Licence by NSW Police, please visit a service centre to have your Photograph Advice form processed and licence issued.Find a service centre
Issue of a Firearms, CAPI or Security Industry Licence
- When you apply for or renew a photo card at a temporary motor registry or Service NSW centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- Renewal notices are mailed generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.
For online transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).
For phone transactions:
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).
For transactions in person at a service centre:
- cash (in Australian currency)
- cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
- money order
- credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
- Android Pay app.
Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.
* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.