Careers NSW provides access to career guidance at any career stage. The service includes receiving valuable insights from industry experts on what it means to work in specific industries.
Starting in October 2021, you can participate in Careers NSW’s pilot program to speak with an industry expert from the following industries:
- disability and aged care services
- energy and utilities
- hospitality, tourism and recreation
- information technology
- public service.
To be eligible for the pilot, you must be:
- aged 18 years or older
- living in NSW or looking to move to NSW
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident or protected special category visa (SCV) holder.
Note: If you’re not eligible for the pilot, you can continue to access online career resources.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your booking
- your name, email address and mobile number
- your postcode
- any hearing assistance requirements (counter hearing loop, Auslan video remote interpreting, remote live captioning).
How to make an appointment
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the ‘Make an appointment' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Complete the industry expert registration form.
- You'll be contacted by a Careers NSW team member within 2 business days.
- You'll then be matched with an industry expert and receive an appointment confirmation.
- For more information or to provide feedback on Careers NSW, please email email@example.com.
- If you would like to volunteer to be a Careers NSW industry expert and share your knowledge and experience with potential candidates for your industry, please register your interest or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can access a number of online career resources, including: