The Skills and Employment Hub is a free phone service to support you in upgrading your skills and training to assist with finding employment.
If you’re looking for work, need support to change careers, or are looking to do further study or training to secure future employment, you can make an appointment with a Customer Care Specialist to discuss your options tailored to your specific needs.
Appointments are approximately 45 minutes.
You can also complete our 2-minute COVID-19 Assistance Finder questionnaire to find available resources and support.
You can make an appointment if you’re:
- 15 years of age or older
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
What you need
- your name, email address and mobile number
- your postcode
- your highest level of qualification, age range and gender identity
- any hearing assistance requirements (counter hearing loop, Auslan video remote interpreting, remote live captioning).
How to make an appointment
You can also browse the following government education, skills and training resources:
- NSW Job Trainer: free or low-fee training courses for young people, job seekers and school leavers to gain skills in Australia's growing industries. Explore hundreds of qualifications and register your interest.
- Summer Skills: free training courses for 2020 Year 12 school leavers. Learn, upskill, explore your interests, meet like-minded school leavers, and get ahead in 2021.
- Aboriginal Initiatives: information on programs focused on providing workplace mentoring, improving access to employment and training and creating business opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Continuing Apprentices/Trainees Placement Service: free service to connect out-of-work apprentices and trainees with potential employers.
- Course Seeker: search and compare thousands of courses from different institutions across Australia.
- COVID-19 Assistance Finder: get a list of employment, skills and training benefits and services tailored specifically for you or your business.
- Jobactive: employment information and services for both job seekers and employers.
- Job Jumpstart: resources and activities to help you work out what jobs might suit you, as well as help to tailor your job search to your target employers.
- Job Outlook: support to help you make decisions about study and training, your first job, or the next step in your career.
- Jobs Hub: explore available job opportunities and tools to help you identify jobs matching your skills.
- LifeLauncher: take quizzes and use a pinboard to explore careers, courses and industries, as well as refine your interests.
- Myfuture: resources to explore career pathways and tools to develop self-knowledge to help with career decision making.
- MySkills: national directory of vocational education and training (VET) organisations and courses. Browse industries and search for in-demand skills, training and course options.
- Smart and Skilled: find government subsidised courses and training providers near your location.
- Your Career: careers information and resources to help people of all ages and circumstances better plan and manage their career.
We are collecting this information from you so that we can complete your appointment booking for the Skills and Employment Hub Program. We will use your personal information to complete the booking. Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we cannot complete your booking, and you may not be able to participate in the Skills and Employment Hub Program.
We may disclose your personal information to the Department of Education for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that the Department of Education can analyse and report for auditing purposes on the Skills and Employment Hub Program. We will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless we are required to do so by law.
We will require your consent to make an appointment for the Skills and Employment Hub Program.