Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you're a resident, small business owner or primary producer in rural or regional NSW and you have purchased mouse baits, traps or cleaning materials from 1 February 2021 to combat the mouse plague, you may be able to claim a rebate for mouse control products you’ve purchased.

Eligible households will be able to apply for rebates up to $500, and eligible small businesses and primary producers will be able to apply for rebates up to $1000.

Applications are expected to open in July.


To be eligible to claim the NSW mouse control rebate, you must:

  • be aged 18 or over
  • have a household, business or farm address within an eligible local government area (LGA), in the following Local Land Services regions:
    • Central Tablelands
    • Central West
    • Hunter (Upper Hunter, Singleton and Muswellbrook LGAs only)
    • Murray
    • North West
    • Northern Tablelands
    • Riverina
    • South East (Hilltops, Upper Lachlan and Yass Valley LGAs only)
    • Western.
  • have purchased mouse baits, traps or cleaning materials on or after 1 February 2021.

For the household rebate, you must also:

  • rent or own your property
  • have written permission from the tenant, if you are a landlord applying for an occupied property.

For the small business and primary producer rebate, you must also:

  • be a sole trader or employ fewer than 20 employees
  • have a current and active Australian Business Number (ABN) registered before 13 May 2021.

What you need

To claim the rebate, you’ll need:

  • a MyServiceNSW Account
  • 2 proof of identity documents
  • proof of primary residence (for the household rebate)
  • written permission from the tenant, if you're a landlord applying for the household rebate
  • receipts for redeemable items, dated from 1 February 2021 onwards
  • your banking details for payment.

Small businesses will also need a Service NSW Business Profile.

Proof of identity

Two proof of identity documents are required. They may include:

  • Australian driver licence
  • Medicare card
  • Australian passport
  • Australian birth certificate
  • Australian travel visa
  • Australian citizenship certificate
  • Australian certificate of registration by descent
  • Australian ImmiCard.

How to apply

Applications are expected to open in July. You'll be able to apply online, by phone or in person at a Service NSW Centre.

More information

  • Only one person per household or business can claim the rebate.
  • Only one claim per premises is allowed. This means:
    • Sole traders and primary producers who live where they work can apply for the $1000 rebate only.
    • For the household rebate, the tenant has the first right to claim. 
  • Applicants who have a residence and business located at 2 different locations can apply for both a household rebate and a business rebate.