Back to top

If you use public oral health care and need emergency dental care, general dental care or dentures, you may be eligible for an Oral Health Treatment voucher through the NSW Oral Health Fee for Service Scheme (OHFFSS).

The vouchers are issued by your local health district, and allow you to get specific treatment at a private dental clinic, for no cost.

Your public dental clinician will assess whether to issue you with a voucher at your initial assessment.

NSW Oral Health Fee For Service Scheme

When you attend your appointment at the private dentist you’ll need to: 

  • surrender the voucher
  • provide proof of identity
  • sign the voucher after treatment to confirm your treatment is complete.
NSW Oral Health Fee For Service Scheme

You must:

  • live within the boundary of the local health district providing the care
  • be eligible for Medicare
  • be 18 years or older.

You’ll also need to hold or be listed on one of the following Australian concession cards:

  • Health Care Card
  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card.

If you hold a State Seniors Card, you’re not eligible unless you also hold a valid concession card listed above.

NSW Oral Health Fee For Service Scheme
  • Vouchers can only be used with private dentists who are registered with the OHFFSS.
  • You need to contact a participating private dentist within 10 days of the date on your voucher.
  • If the private dentist offers extra treatment this may incur extra fees. Make sure you discuss this with the dentist before proceeding.
  • Vouchers are not necessarily offered in all local health districts as they are dependent on the resources available.
NSW Oral Health Fee For Service Scheme
Source url: