Land tax is a tax levied on the owners of land in NSW as of midnight on 31 December of each year. In general, your principal place of residence (your home) or land used for primary production (a farm) is exempt from land tax.
You may be liable for land tax if you own or part-own:
- vacant land, including vacant rural land
- land where a house, residential unit or flat has been built
- a holiday home
- investment properties
- company title units
- residential, commercial or industrial units, including car spaces
- commercial properties, including factories, shops and warehouses
- land leased from state or local government
If you need to pay a land tax notice, you can do this online. Alternatively, call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre.
What you'll need
- your land tax notice of assessment
- your client ID number as shown on your land tax notice of assessment
- your reference number as shown on your land tax notice of assessment
- biller code as shown on your land tax notice of assessment.
How to pay
- Select the 'Pay online' button.
- Select 'Login'.
- Enter your Client ID Number.
- Enter your Reference Number.
- Enter your payment details.
- To proceed, click 'Next'.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Revenue NSW.
Things to keep in mind...
- A card payment fee of 0.4% applies to credit card payments. This is not subject to GST
- Credit card payments are not accepted at Revenue NSW offices
- Maximum payment via credit card is $50,000
- If payment is not paid by the due date, you may be charged interest for late payment.