NSW government provides a wide range of concessions and subsidies to help with the cost of public transport in and around Sydney. These benefits include:
- Concession Opal cards, used in conjunction with:
- a Transport Concession Entitlement Card, or
- a NSW Companion Card.
- Child/Youth Opal cards for:
- children, or
- full time older students holding a NSW Senior Secondary Student Concession Card.
- Senior/Pensioner Opal cards.
Visit the pages listed below and select the 'Sydney and surrounding areas' drop-down menu to check out all the savings that are available for:
- Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs pensioner concession card holders
- seniors card holders
- secondary school students
- tertiary students
- apprentices or trainees
- job seekers and Centrelink customers
- asylum seekers
- war widow/ers
- people with disability.
For more information on tickets and fares, visit the Transport website.