If you have an eligible business offering arts, entertainment and recreation experiences, you can register to accept Parents NSW vouchers. You'll be able to do this through the Service NSW for Business app.
A qualified accountant, registered tax agent or registered BAS agent may register on behalf of your business. If they're not listed as an associate on the Australian Business Register, your accountant will need to provide a letter of authority from you to show that they are authorised to act on behalf of your business.
From 1 July 2022 you can only accept Parents NSW vouchers. The Dine NSW Vouchers and Discover NSW Vouchers are no longer valid.
To register, you must:
- have an active ABN – ensure your details are correct on the Australian Business Register before registering
- operate in NSW
- operate in one of these eligible industries:
- scenic and sightseeing transport
- museums, galleries and historic sites
- zoos, botanic gardens, wildlife parks and nature reserves
- live music operations, performing arts operations, theatres and entertainment centres
- amusement, theme and water parks
- recreational activities such as go-karting, indoor climbing, mini-golf, billiards, bowling or ice-rinks
- outdoor adventures
- travel agencies and tours.
- comply with the current public health order and latest COVID safety guidelines for your industry.
Eligible voucher activities
Businesses can only redeem $50 Parents NSW vouchers used:
- for eligible arts, tourism or recreational activities listed in the eligible industries above
- for a physical event or attraction only (online ticket purchase is permitted)
- 7 days a week, including public holidays
- until Sunday 9 October 2022.
Ineligible voucher activities
Businesses cannot redeem vouchers for:
- products or services involving alcohol, gambling or tobacco
- cash, even if the full value of the voucher is not redeemed
- online-only services and food delivery orders.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration
- 2 personal identity documents such as an Australian driver licence, Medicare card, Australian passport
- your business details – Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN), name, address, phone number and industry type
Note: Your identity document name details must match the name details held with the Australian Business Register for your ABN.
- the business bank account details (to receive your payments).
To participate you'll also need a phone or tablet to scan and accept vouchers using the Service NSW for Business app. Service NSW will provide app details to businesses accepted into the scheme.
How to register
- Select the ‘Register online’ button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to register for the scheme.
- If more information to support your registration is required, you'll be notified.
- If you have more than one business, you'll need to register each one.
- If your business has more than one location under the same business name and ABN, you can add other locations in your Service NSW Business Profile after you have successfully registered.
- After your registration is received, it will be reviewed by Service NSW and you'll be notified of the outcome. This may take up to 5 business days.
- Service NSW will provide successful businesses with full details on how to take part and promote the scheme.
- You'll be able to keep track of voucher payments to your business in your Service NSW Business Profile. Only the person who registered on behalf of your business will be able to access this information.