If you wish to be registered as a NSW land or mining surveyor you need to complete an application form and apply to the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information of NSW.
You can submit your application via mail.
You're eligible to be registered as a surveyor if you meet all of the following requirements:
- hold a recognised qualification
- have recognised practical experience
- have either passed the Board's examination or fulfilled the requirements of a recognised professional training agreement
- are of good character.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information of NSW.
What you need
- your personal details
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration as a Surveyor'
- 2 passport sized photographs with your name printed and signed on the back of each photo
- 2 character references obtained within the last 2 years
- a certified copy of your birth certificate or NSW Driver Licence
- a certified copy of your Certificate of Competency
- evidence that you've fulfilled the eligibility requirements
- the prescribed fees as indicated on the form.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documentation.
- Post your application to:
Board of Surveying and Spatial Information
PO Box 143
Bathurst NSW 2795
- If approved, you'll be sent an information package, a Certificate of Registration and an Identification Card with your surveyor's identification number.
- To remain a registered surveyor, the payment of an annual registration fee and compliance with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) will be required.