Swimming pools must be registered and pool owners can do this online by completing the NSW Swimming Pool Register registration form.
If you prefer, you can pay a fee to your local council and they will register it on your behalf.
What you'll need
- your name and contact details
- details of your property
- details of your pool
- details of your pool barrier
- the approximate age of your pool
How to register
- Complete and submit the online form.
- Take note of your 'Submission ID'.
Your council will provide you with a Certificate of Registration when your pool has been registered. This may take up to 3 weeks.
Any resident of NSW who has either an indoor or outdoor swimming pool on their property.
To make sure you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit the NSW Swimming Pool Register.
Things to keep in mind...
- Use the checklists to self-assess if your pool fence meets the appropriate Australian Standards
- It may take up to 3 weeks for your council to provide you with a Certificate of Registration
- If you need to check the status of your registration please use the Check Property search on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website.