Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If your business or commercial premises has a regulated water system, such as a water cooling or warm water system, you’ll need to register this system with your local council.

Water cooling systems are most commonly used in air-conditioning systems and refrigerators. Warm water systems are used to heat and deliver water at a temperature less than 60 degrees Celsius.

You’ll need to complete the registration within one month of occupying the premises or having a new system installed.

Contact your local council to complete the registration. 

You'll be taken to another website.