NSW Fair Trading’s Rental Bonds Online helps private landlords, property agents and tenants, pay and refund residential rental bonds online.
If you're a private landlord, you're legally required to register with RBO to lodge, manage and claim residential bonds.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your banking details
- existing bond numbers (if applicable)
- 3 proof of identity documents, as listed on the application form, either:
- copies certified by a JP, if emailing your application, or
- original documents, if lodging your application at a service centre.
How to apply
- After NSW Fair Trading has processed your application, you'll be sent an email with your Landlord Code, and instructions for activating your Rental Bonds Online account.