NSW Fair Trading’s Rental Bonds Online (RBO) service helps tenants, private landlords and agents pay and refund residential rental bonds, online.
If you're a property agent, you're legally required to register with RBO to lodge, manage and claim residential bonds.
What you need
To register, you’ll need:
- the agency’s contact and banking details
- the principal user’s contact details
- the PDF form – 'Rental Bonds Online Agency Registration Form'.
How to register
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete and sign the form.
- Email to email@example.com
- After NSW Fair Trading has processed your application, the principal user will be sent an email with instructions for activating your agency’s RBO account.
- The principal user can update agency details, and add or remove agency users.
- If your agency is registered for the Rental Bonds Internet Service, your access to this portal will cease once you have activated your RBO account. All existing data on the Rental Bonds Internet Service account will be transferred to your RBO account.