COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. For assistance visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you need to renew your heavy vehicle access permit, you must submit your renewal application via the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) Portal before the permit expires. It is also advisable to check under the appropriate gazette notice to ensure that you still need a permit for your requested route.

The NHVR processes all renewals for permits including those issued by the NHVR, a state or territory authority, or local government.  

Renewal applications can be received 6 weeks before the permit expires. 

For the most up-to-date information on how to renew a heavy vehicle access permit, visit the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website. 

You'll be taken to another website.