A driving record is a history of offences recorded against your licence, and you're able to buy a copy of your own record if you need it.
You can order 2 types of driving record online:
- an uncertified driving record that cannot be used for legal proceedings, or
- a certified driving record that can be used for legal proceedings.
- NSW driver licence holders who have a MyServiceNSW Account.
- NSW residents who have previously held a NSW driver licence and wish to access their driving record.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account. If your account is new or you haven't previously entered them, you'll also need:
- your NSW driver licence details, or
- the plate number of a vehicle registered in your name.
If you're unable to order online, you'll need:
- the PDF form – 'Access to Own Personal Records Application'
- proof of identity documents (such as passport, Photo Card)
- detailed description of the information you'd like to access.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account. Enter your NSW driver licence details if your account is new or you haven't previously entered them.
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Buy a certified driving record' or 'Buy an uncertified driving record'.
- Check and confirm your order details.
- Enter your payment details.
- Print your transaction receipt, and download your uncertified driving record.
If you're unable to order online:
- Download and complete the Access to Own Personal Records Application – PDF.
- Make sure you attach all the required documents.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application with payment in person, or send to the contact details on the form.
- Only the certified driving record can be used as evidence in legal proceedings or in a court of law. You cannot use an uncertified driving record in court or for a driver licence disqualification application.
- If you buy a certified driving record, it will be posted to you at the mailing address recorded with Transport for NSW – you should receive it within 7 days.
- If you require the record to be mailed to a state other than NSW, you'll need to order via post, using Access to Own Personal Records Application – PDF.
- When you buy a certified driving record, you automatically get an uncertified driving record as well.
- If you buy an uncertified driving record, it will be available immediately, and for 7 days.
Last updated: 31 January 2023