Text size


The Australian and NSW governments are jointly providing a clean-up program for eligible flood-affected private landowners and tenants. This program is being managed by the NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA).

You can request help with clean-up of flood debris if you were impacted by the storms and floods in:

  • March 2021
  • February and March 2022
  • June and July 2022.

You can complete the form for yourself or on behalf of someone else.

Property owners will need to submit a separate request for each property.

Note: you cannot request support under this program for flood-damaged property or contents that were not moved by the flood event.


You can request support if:

Eligible items

  • Asbestos: asbestos containing materials (10m2 or more of bonded asbestos)
  • Cement: cladding, sheeting, cement mix, concrete, bitumen
  • Chemicals (more than 20L or 20kg): household chemicals, hospital chemicals, industrial chemicals, pesticides, other chemicals
  • Engineered timber: treated timber, posts, engineered logs
  • Fencing: fence posts, fence wire, metal fencing, other wiring
  • Fuel (more than 20L or 20kg): gas bottles, jerry cans, citronella, petroleum, diesel, other fuels
  • Furniture: couches, tables
  • Mattresses: springs, bed frames
  • Metal: metal posts and wiring, metal sheeting, machinery, shipping containers, vehicles (if uninsured) 
  • Oil (more than 20L or 20kg): lubricants
  • Paint (more than 20L)
  • Plastic: rigid plastic, plastic tubs
  • Silage bales that are whole and intact or ruptured
  • Whitegoods.

Ineligible items

  • Flood-damaged property or contents that were unmoved by the flood event
  • Leaves, driftwood, trees, aquatic weeds, branches, straw bales, soil, sand, creek pebbles and stones, roots, grass
  • Insured vehicles
  • Silage with small volumes of plastic attached or minimal plastic (less than 50% of whole bale covered)
  • Wildlife carcasses; kangaroos, birds, possums, foxes, feral pigs, rodents, other wildlife.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your registration or continue as a guest
  • your name and contact number
  • the name, email address and contact number for the person who needs assistance (if you're applying on behalf of someone else)
  • the residential address
  • a photo for each item requiring clean-up.

How to request

  1. Check your eligibility.
  2. Select the ‘Request online’ button.
  3. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or continue as a guest.
  4. Select whether you're completing the form for yourself or on behalf of someone else.
  5. Enter your contact details.
  6. Select the service you require.
  7. Follow the prompts to request assistance.

When you submit your request, you'll receive a confirmation email from the NSW EPA's appointed service provider, MRA Consulting Group. They will review your request and contact you if additional information is required.

If your request is approved:

  • you may need to provide access to your property so an assessor can take a look at the debris. You will need to be present during the assessment. Tenants will require consent from the property owner before an assessment can be scheduled
  • the debris will be cleaned up and disposed of at an appropriate disposal facility.

More information

The program will not reimburse private landowners for flood debris clean-up costs that have already been completed.

Last updated: 10 August 2022