If your business name has been cancelled within the last 6 months and you want to use it again, you can make a request to ASIC to restore it, online.
If more than 6 months have passed since the cancellation, you won't be able to restore. If you still want the name and it's available, you'll need to register it.
- the business name holder or their authorised representative.
What you need
- your contact details, including email and phone number
- the business name
- the ABN number.
How to request
- Select the 'Request online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload your documents (if applicable).
- Select 'Submit'.
- Record your reference number (it will be required if you need to contact ASIC).
- the online form must be completed in one session – it can't be saved
- if the business name holder applied to cancel the name, you can't restore it.
Last updated: 18 April 2023