Back to top

If you hold a contractor's licence and haven't renewed it before the expiry date, for a fee you can still restore the licence within three months of expiry at a service centre. After three months, you'll have to apply for a new licence and you won't be able to trade until you have it.

Locate a service centre
  • your completed renewal notice, OR
  • your proof of identity if you don't have your renewal notice.
Locate a service centre
  1. Gather the required documentation.
  2. Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Locate a service centre

Who's eligible?

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.

Payment methods

For online transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, UnionPay, Diners Club or American Express).

For phone transactions:

  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, or American Express).

For transactions in person at a service centre:

  • cash (in Australian currency)
  • cheque (personal, bank or agency drawn)
  • money order
  • credit or debit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express* or EFTPOS), or
  • Android Pay app.

Please note that you may need to pay a merchant fee when paying by credit or debit card.

* Unfortunately, some locations may not accept American Express.

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: