A Transport Management Plan (TMP) is a comprehensive document that describes how an oversize and/or overmass (OSOM) movement will be undertaken on NSW roads. The purpose of the plan is to ensure that these movements will be carried out in a safe and responsible manner, and with minimum impact on other road users and road infrastructure.
A TMP is required for all OSOM movements that:
- are classified as 'High Risk' due to their dimensions and/or weights
- travel on a 'High Risk' route
- involve the transport of a 'Critical/Sensitive' load.
What you need
- your vehicle and load details
- route survey details of the proposed route(s)
- details of traffic management arrangements
- details of stakeholder and community consultations
- a Rail Infrastructure Manager (RIM) approval to travel over a railway crossing (if applicable).
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services
How to submit
- Draw up your Transport Management Plan.
- Download and complete the TMP Coversheet – PDF.
- Submit your completed Coversheet with all the required documentation via email, fax, or mail to the details on the Coversheet.
Submitting a TMP for assessment and review does not guarantee that a permit for your OSOM movement will be issued.