If you have numeral-only plates, you need to transfer the right to display them from the previous owner to you. Both the previous and current owner need to complete the application form. You can do the transfer at a service centre.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Roads and Maritime Services.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- the PDF form – 'Transfer Right to Display'.
How to transfer
- Download, print and complete the Transfer Right to Display – PDF
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- The current and proposed holders must complete and sign the form