You can use the employee superannuation guarantee calculator tool to quickly check whether:
- you are eligible for superannuation guarantee contributions, and
- your employer is paying the correct amount.
To use the tool, you'll need for each quarter:
- your salary or wage amounts and dates of payments
- all superannuation contributions paid by your employer, including amounts and dates paid, and
- your tax file number (TFN).
After answering a series of questions about your employment circumstances, the tool will show if you’re eligible for superannuation contributions. If you're eligible, you can use the tool to calculate your superannuation entitlement. You'll receive a brief report that shows:
- if you're eligible for superannuation guarantee from a particular employer or employment arrangement
- a calculation of the superannuation contributions that should have been paid for any particular quarter.
If the tool shows you haven’t been paid correctly by your employer to the nominated super fund, you should discuss this with your employer. If you can’t resolve the issue, you can use the tool to lodge an enquiry with the Australian Taxation Office to investigate.