If you operate a heavy vehicle under the NSW Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS), this interactive online map is a helpful tool for planning your route in NSW.
Under the scheme, General Access Vehicles and the following heavy vehicles may operate on all state classified roads, and approved local and regional roads in participating council areas:
- rigid trucks
- prime mover and semi-trailer combinations
- truck and dog trailer combinations
- B-doubles, and
- road trains up to 36.5m long (A-doubles, B-triples, AB-triples).
Eligible Restricted Access Vehicles (RAVs) operating under the scheme may only operate:
- on state classified roads managed by Roads and Maritime, and
- local and regional roads in participating council areas that are approved for that type of RAV.
All heavy vehicles under the GHMS must:
- observe travel conditions which apply to an approved route or area
- not operate where prohibited by a load limit specified for a road, bridge or causeway, by a sign or notice, and
- use the map together with the New South Wales Class 3 GHMS Mass Exemption (Notice) 2014
The map is printable, and the approved routes are the legally enforceable network in NSW.