If you operate a heavy vehicle under the NSW Grain Harvest Management Scheme (GHMS), this interactive online map is a helpful tool for planning your route in NSW.
You can use the map online to see:
- participating councils and the conditions of access
- participating grain receiver sites
- approved and excluded routes
- NSW state roads.
The approved routes are the legally enforceable network in NSW.
Under the scheme, General Access Vehicles may operate on all state classified roads, and approved local and regional roads in participating council areas.
Eligible Restricted Access Vehicles (RAVs) may only operate on:
- state classified roads (managed by Transport for NSW)
- local and regional roads in participating council areas that are approved for that type of RAV.
Approved RAV routes are shown on the interactive RAV map.
All heavy vehicles under the GHMS must:
- observe travel conditions that apply to an approved route or area
- use the map together with the New South Wales Class 3 GHMS Mass Exemption (Notice) 2016
- not operate where prohibited by a load limit specified for a road, bridge or causeway, by a sign or notice.