Tradespeople doing work with minimum supervision must have a Tradesperson's Certificate for the appropriate class of work. These are available if you are a drainer, gasfitter, plumber, roof plumber or water plumber. You can apply for a Tradesperson's Certificate at a service centre.

Locate a service centre
  • The Tradesperson's Certificate Application form 
  • Your proof of identity
  • One passport size photograph
  • Your documents that meet the qualification requirements (certificates and transcripts from the registered training organisation)
  • Your referee's statement (where applicable)
Locate a service centre
  1. Download, print and complete the Tradesperson's Certificate Application – PDF
  2. Make sure you have the required documentation, and then:
  • Visit a service centre and submit your application
Locate a service centre

Who's eligible?

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading

  • Cash (in Australian currency)
  • Cheque (Personal, Bank or Agency drawn)
  • Credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International* or American Express*)
  • Debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
  • Money orders

For transactions that can be completed online, you can only pay by credit card, except for some transactions where BPAY is accepted.

Please note, a surcharge may be applied if you choose to pay by credit card.

Unfortunately, the following payment types are unavailable in service centres:

  • Credit card (Diners Club International)
  • Traveller's cheques (in Australian currency and all other international currencies)
  • BPAY

* Unfortunately, some websites and locations may not accept American Express or Diners Club International.

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre