Our location schedules are updated on a regular basis, but sometimes they have to change at short notice. Check to see when we'll be in your area, and also before you leave home on the actual day.
Our Mobile Service Centres offer similar services to our physical sites including:
- Driver licence, photo card applications and renewals
- Driver Knowledge Tests
- Working With Children Check applications
- Hazard Perception Tests
- Applying for birth, death and marriage certificates
- Savings Finder program to access more than 70 government rebates and vouchers
Our Mobile Service Centres visit disaster-affected communities and can help you replace lost or damaged documents (such as birth or marriage certificates, driver licences, photo cards, and Fair Trading licences and permits) free of charge.
We can also help you access a range of government support services and initiatives.
If you need emergency assistance such as food, water or shelter, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
Prepare your documents
Remember to have all your paperwork and supporting documents with you.
New photocards will be posted
When you apply to get, renew or replace a photocard, it will be posted to you at no extra cost, within 10 business days. This applies to:
- NSW Driver Licences
- Mobility Parking Scheme cards
- NSW Photo Cards
- Firearm, security, commercial agent and private inquiry agent licences.
Driver Knowledge Tests
No bookings are required for the Driver Knowledge Test (DKT).
Driver tests are available by appointment at selected locations.
Bookings are required and can be made by calling 13 77 88.
Our Mobile Service Centres don’t carry cash.
You can pay by:
- Cheque (personal or bank)
- EFTPOS, credit or debit card
A merchant fee may apply when paying by credit or debit card.
- Auslan video remote interpreting
- Hearing loop
- Remote live captioning
- Wheelchair access