Service NSW (in partnership with NSW Reconstruction Authority and Revenue NSW) is delivering the Disaster Relief Grant (the Program) on behalf of the NSW Government. Service NSW is collecting your personal information to assess your eligibility for the Program and for related purposes. The personal information you provide is collected and held by Service NSW (McKell Building, 2-4 Rawson Pl, Haymarket NSW 2000).
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing your application and determining your eligibility for the Program.
- Providing you with further information about the Program
- Other directly related purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Service NSW collects following personal information:
- your full name
- your date of birth
- your contact number
- your residential address,
- your postal address,
- address of the affected property
- your income
- your Centrelink reference number
- if there are additional members living at the affected property:
- their name
- their date of birth
- their Centrelink reference number
- relationship to applicant
- their income details
- their occupation or benefits/pension details
- your mortgage or rental payment details
- lender or landlord details
- ownership status of the affected property
- confirmation of the affected property being your normal residence
- whether the affected property is a temporary dwelling
- your asset/investment details
- your spouse’s/partner’s asset/investment details
- whether you own or are in the process of purchasing additional property
- details of other assets owned or being purchased excluding contents of affected property
- reasons preventing you from using your assets/investments towards restoring your losses
- your insurance details and coverage
- your bank details
- your employment details (occupation and name of employer)
If you are providing the personal information of another person, you must gain consent from that person to disclose their information to Service NSW for the purpose outlined in this notice.
Service NSW does not require you to disclose your tax file number for the purposes of the Program. If you submit information to Service NSW that includes your tax file number, for example, an Australian income tax return, you should remove or obscure your tax file number where possible. In the event that you are not able to remove or obscure your tax file number, Service NSW will not make use of that tax file number for any purpose and will take reasonable security measures to protect your tax file number from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse.
How will we use and disclose this information?
Service NSW may use your personal information to:
- verify the information you provide with a public/private authority
- contact you about your application, including to confirm the information in your application or to request additional information, or to discuss the outcome of your application
- contact you to invite you to participate in voluntary evaluation of the Program
- assess your eligibility for other state and Commonwealth government financial support programs
- contact you about registering your interest in being notified of other available disaster recovery support
- collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you
- identify other Service NSW administered grants, vouchers or rebates for which you may be eligible, or to identify other products and services that may be relevant to you.
Service NSW may disclose the information in your application to:
- NSW Reconstruction Authority for the purpose of assessing your eligibility for the Program, administering, auditing, reporting and evaluating the Program. This may include disclosure to the National Recovery and Resilience Agency (now called the National Emergency Management Agency), the Australian National Audit Office (and any contractors engaged by them for the purposes of conducting an audit)
- Revenue NSW to assess your eligibility for the Program
- public/private entities (including the Document Verification Service) in order to verify the information you provide in support of your application or request additional information
- NSW Police, if Service NSW, NSW Reconstruction Authority, or Revenue NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other criminal activity
- NSW Treasury and/or the Department of Customer Service for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Treasury can analyse and report on the Program. Any report or publications on the evaluation of the Program will not identify any individual that has registered or participated in Program
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes in accordance with the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Are your required by law to provide us with this information?
Service NSW will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary. Providing us with the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with the requested information, your application for the Program may not be progressed, and we may not be able to contact you to provide you with information about the Program.
We will keep your information secure
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure, or other misuse. Service NSW will hold your personal information in a secure Service NSW managed platform.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
Please visit Service NSW Privacy for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and how to contact us.