Service NSW (in partnership with NSW Reconstruction Authority) is collecting your personal information to assist with disaster recovery. The personal information you provide is collected and held by Service NSW (McKell Building, 2-24 Rawson Pl, Haymarket NSW 2000).
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing immediate disaster recovery assistance by way of capturing your interest in a temporary accommodation pod that will be part of a pop-up community in various locations
- assessing your current situation and providing you with the necessary services and assistance
- other directly related purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Service NSW will collect the following personal information:
- your full name
- your contact number
- your email address
- whether you are interested in a temporary accommodation that will be a part of a pop-up community in various locations
- estimated duration that the temporary accommodation will be required
- whether your or your family members have any special needs or require special assistance
- number of people affected in your family
- information about the age of people in your household
- your current accommodation details and how long the accommodation is available for
- name of the suburb your residential flood affected property is located in
- name of the LGA that your property is located in.
How will we use and disclose this information?
Service NSW may use your personal information to:
- provide immediate disaster recovery assistance by way of capturing your interest in a temporary accommodation pod that will be part of a pop-up community in various locations,
- provide you with further information and guidance about the disaster recovery services that might be available to you.
Service NSW may disclose the information in your application to other government agencies and organisations who provide services relevant to your current situation. The government agencies and organisations that we may provide your information to are:
- NSW Reconstruction Authority
- Non-government organisations that are engaged by NSW Reconstruction Authority to assist with the provision of disaster welfare services, including community housing providers who will assist in the provision of temporary accommodation.
Service NSW maintains and uses information collected about you for internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. This may include sharing certain information to NSW Reconstruction Authority for the purposes of data analysis and aggregation so that NSW Reconstruction Authority can analyse and report on the disaster recovery efforts. Any report or publications on the evaluation of disaster recovery efforts will not identify any individual that has registered in an evacuation or recovery centre.
Service NSW will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless Service NSW is required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement dispute resolution statutory or regulatory bodies or as required by law.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information?
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide you the necessary services and assistance you require.
You may ask for access to the information we hold about you at any time and request to update, correct or amend your personal information by calling 13 77 88.
Please visit our privacy page for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and how to contact us.