Children’s Guardian, Office of the
This is a directory listing only. Please use the information below to directly contact the agency.
Office of the Children's Guardian
Suite 1, Level 13
418a Elizabeth Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Established under the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW), the Office of the Children’s Guardian is an independent statutory authority that reports to the NSW Minister for Family and Community Services and to parliament. The Office works to promote the interests and rights of children and young people living in out-of-home care, and to protect children by promoting and regulating quality, child safe organisations and services.
Under the Act, the Office is tasked with carrying out its regulatory functions, which relate to:
- statutory out-of-home care
- voluntary out-of-home care
- adoption services
- the 'Working With Children Check'
- the regulation of employment of children under 15 years of age in the areas of entertainment, exhibition, still photography and door-to-door sales, and
- the regulation of employment of children under 16 years of age in modelling.