The Department of Enterprise, Investment and Trade (DEIT) was established on 1 April 2022 to drive the NSW Government’s commitment to economic transformation.
DEIT propels the delivery of investment, business, lifestyle, entertainment and cultural opportunities by:
- attracting and supporting future-focused industries such as the clean economy, digital technology, modern manufacturing, medtech, agribusiness, visitor economy and international education, defence and aerospace
- creating active and culturally rich communities across NSW, with access to local sporting programs and facilities and world-class cultural institutions.
- ensuring a dynamic, fun, safe and responsible hospitality and racing industry and vibrant 24-hour cities
- building an economic powerhouse in the Western Parkland City, creating jobs and opportunities for future generations
- catalysing research and development, commercialisation and entrepreneurship through strong partnerships with business and research communities.
Arts and cultural institutions
Boards, Committees and Councils
Commissions and Commissioners
Executive Agency related to the Department
Last updated: 14 March 2023