Purpose of collection
We are collecting your personal information to provide you with tailored assistance and support with your business-related enquiries. This may be through various forms of communication including:
- telephone calls
- Live Chat and/or our co-browsing feature
- lead ad forms on Facebook and LinkedIn platforms.
Types of information we collect
We may collect your personal information including your:
- company name and information
- contact details such as email address, phone number and business address
- Australian Business Number (“ABN”) or Australian Company Number (“ACN”).
If you choose to complete the co-browsing functionality, we may also request access to your screen, and collect additional personal information needed to resolve your enquiry. We will ask for your consent prior to doing so.
We may also collect aggregated and de-identified information for analytical purposes such as:
- the URLs you have visited
- your device type
- browser or operating system.
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law. However, if you do not provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide adequate assistance and support to you with your enquiries.
Purpose for collecting your information
We are collecting your personal information for the purpose of assisting and supporting you with your business-related enquiries. This may include:
- providing you with information and guidance in relation to your business including accessing business support programs, applying for grants and licences, working with councils, understanding applicable regulations and connecting to services and advice
- providing you with further information and guidance about Service NSW services, grants and applications, licences and permits and/or small business fees and rebates
- providing you with further information or guidance about new Service NSW services, grants and applications, vouchers or products available to you
- contacting you to communicate about your business-related query
- responding to and communicating about complaints and enquiries in relation to your business-related query
- assisting you with performing daily actions or resolving browser problems related to Service NSW applications – as part of the co-browser functionality
- providing you with information about the Business Connect advisory service, including arranging contact with an independent business advisor to provide you with business advice
- other directly related purposes.
Using and sharing your information
Your personal information will be used for the primary reason that it was collected, or a directly related secondary purpose, by Service NSW staff. If you provide your consent, we will share your personal information with an independent business advisor provided by NSW Treasury as part of the Business Connect service. Your personal information may also be used and disclosed to help prevent a serious or imminent threat to life or health or where we are authorised or required to do so by law.
We collect, maintain and use information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy notice, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless we are required, or authorised, by law to do so. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners where we are authorised or required by law.
Protecting your information
We will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse.