Service NSW is delivering the Relationship Authorisation Manager application, which allows eligible business representatives to verify their identity details and establish themselves as an admin for the business. The Relationship Authorisation Manager will enable business representatives to interact on behalf of the business with various government agencies and apply for grants, rebates and vouchers.
Service NSW gives priority to protecting the privacy of your personal information. We do this by handling personal information in a responsible manner and in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
Why are we collecting your personal information?
Service NSW is collecting your personal information for the following purposes:
- providing you with access to the Relationship Authorisation Manager application to establish your status as an admin
- contacting you about your application, including to confirm the information in your application or to request additional information
- verifying the information you provide with the Document Verification Service
- contacting you to request/verify/confirm the information you provide in support of your business relationships
- displaying your admin authority status in your Business Profile
- providing the option for an admin to perform certain functions on behalf of the business
- collecting, maintaining and using information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of our interactions with you
- other directly related purposes.
What personal information do we collect?
Service NSW will collect the following personal information from you:
- your name, date of birth, address, email and phone number
- proof of identity information, which may include your driver licence number, Medicare card details or information from other personal identity documents.
Who will we disclose this information to?
Service NSW may disclose the information in your application to public/private entities (which may include the Document Verification Service, the Australian Business Register, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission database) to verify the information you provide or request additional information.
Service NSW may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes in accordance with the Data Sharing (Government Sector) Act 2015.
In addition, Service NSW may disclose your personal information as follows:
- to report the matter to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and NSW Police Force, if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud, other criminal activity or any type of unsatisfactory professional conduct
- where Service NSW has investigated in response to information provided by the ATO, to share the results of that investigation with the ATO
- to the Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC), if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of fraud or other financial crime, or has investigated in response to information provided by AUSTRAC and is sharing the results of that investigation with AUSTRAC
- to any regulatory, professional or industry body if Service NSW reasonably suspects a case of unsatisfactory professional conduct or any other type of misconduct, including but not limited to:
- the Tax Practitioners Board
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- the Australian Securities and Investments Commission
- the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- the Law Society of New South Wales.
Service NSW will not disclose your personal information to anyone else unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised to do so by law. This may include disclosure to other government agencies and partners. Disclosure may also be made to law enforcement, dispute resolution, statutory or regulatory bodies, or as required by law.
Service NSW will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuses. Service NSW will save your application as you go. If you do not complete the application, Service NSW will delete any information collected in partially completed applications after seven days.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information?
Service NSW will only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide you with the required services and assistance. Providing us with the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with the requested information, we may not be able to provide you with the service.
Please see our privacy statement for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and how to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2-24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.