Why we are collecting your personal information
Service NSW is collecting your personal information through the Savings Finder to provide you with personalised recommendations for savings and rebates that you may be eligible for. We’ll also provide you with further assistance if you decide to book a Savings Finder appointment with a Service NSW Savings specialist.
Types of information we collect
Service NSW may collect your personal and health information through the Savings Finder questionnaire and during a Savings Finder appointment. This includes information about your living situation, health, employment, household and assets.
If you attend an appointment with a Service NSW Savings specialist, we may also collect the following personal information:
- your full name
- your phone number
- your post code
- your email address.
Are you required by law to provide us with this information
Providing us with the requested information is not required by law – it's voluntary. However, if you choose not to provide the requested information, we may not be able to:
- provide you with personalised recommendations for savings which you may be eligible for, or
- provide you with your Savings Finder results and appointment summary by email and/or as a printout.
How we will use and disclose your personal information
Service NSW will use and disclose your personal information in the following ways:
- your questionnaire responses are used to personalise the recommendations we show you for savings and rebates that you may be eligible for
- your name and contact details may be used to email you a PDF of your Savings Finder results and appointment notes at the end of a Savings Finder appointment
- your name and contact details may also be used to locate your Savings Finder record and provide you with your results again if you lose access to them following a Savings Finder appointment.
If you choose to login with your MyServiceNSW Account to complete the Savings Finder questionnaire online:
- you’ll be asked to review and/or update the residential address attached to your MyServiceNSW account
- your address will be used to prefill your post code in the Savings Finder questionnaire.
You can use the Savings Finder without linking the questionnaire responses to your name or MyServiceNSW Account profile by:
- completing the Savings Finder questionnaire online via the guest experience
- at the end of a Savings Finder appointment, requesting that your appointment summary be printed rather than emailed to you, and that your contact details not be recorded.
Service NSW may also collect aggregated and de-identified information from your use of the Savings Finder (information that does not identify you personally) for analytical and reporting purposes.
To protect your privacy and keep your personal information secure, your Savings Finder record will expire after 3 months and will not be retained by Service NSW after that time.
Service NSW collects, maintains and uses information about you for our internal administrative purposes, including for the purpose of interacting with you.
Please see our privacy statement for more information about how Service NSW handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and to contact us. Service NSW is located at 2-24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.