The Regional Apprentice and University Student Travel Card will provide eligible apprentices and university students living in regional, rural and remote areas of NSW with a $250 prepaid card to help ease the cost of travel and support access to education and training.
The program will be available for a 2-year trial period, starting in early 2023.
To be eligible for a Regional Apprentice and University Student Travel Card, you must be:
- living in a designated regional area of NSW outside of Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
- aged 16 to 66 and 6 months (current Age Pension age)
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or
- a recipient of an Australian Government scholarship, or
- an apprentice or trainee that meets the Training Services NSW exemption requirements
- in an active apprenticeship or traineeship registered with Training Services NSW, or
- a student undertaking an undergraduate degree full-time and face-to-face and enrolled at one of the eligible participating campuses.
You are not eligible if you are:
- completing post graduate, diploma or certificate studies
- a full fee paying overseas university student
- attending a non-university institution, for example, a private college
- an apprentice or trainee participating in school or corrective services based programs.
Application details will be available in early 2023.
More information, including how to manage your card, will be available in early 2023.