If you're a first or second year apprentice registered with the NSW Department of Education and Training, you can apply for a registration rebate to help you with the costs of registering your vehicle.
A first or second year apprentice registered with the NSW Department of Education and Communities.
As well, the vehicle must:
- be registered in NSW
- be registered in the name of the eligible apprentice or jointly with an existing apprentice
- be registered for general private or general business use
- have been registered in the name of an eligible apprentice or jointly with an existing apprentice when the registration fee and motor vehicle tax were last paid
- be due for renewal and paid after becoming an eligible apprentice.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Apprentice Registration Rebate Claim'
- your training contract number
- your personal, contact and banking details
- your rego details.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Apprentice Registration Rebate Claim – PDF.
- Mail the form to:
Government Rebates and Refunds
Transport for NSW
Locked Bag 14
Dubbo NSW 2830
- you can only claim the rebate once you’ve paid the registration or renewal fees
- you can only claim one rebate per financial year.