Text size


If you're a licensed gaming machine dealer, seller, or testing facility, and you're proposing a change in the directors or shareholders of your company or any holding company, you'll need to apply for approval from Liquor & Gaming NSW.


If your company is a gaming machine dealer, seller, or testing facility, and you're wanting to:

  • change directors or shareholders of the company, or
  • change directors or shareholders of a holding company, or ultimate holding company.

What you need

  • details of the:
    • incoming and outgoing directors
    • incoming and outgoing shareholders, both individuals and corporations
    • directors of any holding company/ultimate holding company that will hold shares in your licensed company.
  • the PDF form – 'Application for approval to change directors or shareholders'
  • a JP or legal practitioner to witness each page of the application form.

In addition, each incoming director or shareholder (individual) will need:

  • a completed individual probity form – PDF
  • a recent colour passport size photo
  • a photocopy of the item/s used to verify identity such as a driver licence or a passport
  • a JP or legal practitioner to:
    • witness the required affidavit
    • verify your identity documents where required.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Print and complete the form, ensuring a JP or solicitor signs each page.
  3. Sign and have witnessed the authority for release.
  4. Gather each incoming director's and shareholder's completed individual probity forms, together with all the supporting documentation required of them.
  5. Lodge your application, marked 'confidential':
    • in person – Market Product Approvals & Casino Operations, Liquor & Gaming NSW, Level 6, 323 Castlereagh Street, Haymarket NSW 2000, or
    • by post – Market Product Approvals & Casino Operations, Liquor & Gaming NSW, GPO Box 7060, Sydney NSW 2001.

More information

  • An application is only required when there is a change in shareholders who own 5 per cent or more of pre-paid capital of the company holding the licence.
  • All forms must be completed in English. Any supporting documentation not in English must have a certified English translation included with the application.

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit Liquor & Gaming NSW.

Last updated: 15 February 2021
You'll be taken to another website.