Text size


If you want to cancel your liquor licence permanently, you need to submit a completed surrender liquor licence form using the Liquor Licence Manager.


  • Anyone aged 18 years or over who currently holds a NSW liquor licence.

What you need

  • liquor licence number
  • liquor licence name
  • personal details of licensee (if an individual)
  • ABN, ACN, Y/Inc of licensee (if an organisation)
  • reason for surrendering the licence
  • date the premises stopped trading
  • representative's name and contact details (if applicable)
  • signed declaration of applicant (either individual or organisation)
  • consent and signature of the:
    • premises owner/s (either individual or organisation) 
    • business owner/s (either individual or organisation), if applicable
    • licensee/s (individual or organisation), if surrendering a club licence.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Cancel online' button.
  2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account and link to the liquor licence manager.
  3. Select 'view licences'.
  4. Select 'modify licence'.
  5. Follow the prompts to lodge a cancel a liquor licence.
  6. Attach any supporting documents.
  7. Submit your application with payment. 

More information

  • If there is any liquor stored on the premises, you need to state how it will be disposed of.
  • The declarations of consent must be signed by the appropriate office holders of any organisations, in accordance with section 127 of the Corporations Act 2001.
  • If the licence being cancelled holds gaming machine entitlements (GMEs), and/or poker machine permits (PMPs), they must be transferred to other clubs and/or hotels within 12 months of the licence cancellation date.
  • If GMEs and PMPs are not transferred within the designated 12 months, they'll be forfeited, unless a levy is paid to the Authority to secure a further 12 month period before forfeiture.
Last updated: 11 May 2021