Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


Consumers who have a dispute about the cost of conveyancing work can have claims heard by the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).

Conveyancers can also lodge a claim against a consumer – for example, to claim for payment for services they have provided.

Before lodging your application, please refer your complaint to NSW Fair Trading who can provide you with information on your available options.


  • A client, a licensed conveyancer or any other interested party can lodge an application to NCAT about conveyancing costs.​
  • NCAT must be notified of the dispute within 60 days of the conveyancer delivering their account or Bill of Costs to the client.

What you need

  • your name and contact details
  • the respondent's name and contact details
  • a current business name or company extract (if applicable)
  • the orders you want NCAT to make
  • your reasons for those orders to be made
  • dates you're unavailable to attend a hearing
  • the PDF form – 'Conveyancing costs application'
  • your payment.

How to apply

  1. Check the eligibility requirements.
  2. Download and complete Conveyancing costs application – PDF.
  3. Gather the information and documents you need.
  4. Lodge your completed application with payment at a service centre.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.