The gold senior/pensioner Opal card gives holders unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, when using public transport services across the Opal network.
You must hold:
- a pensioner concession card issued by Services Australia or the Department of Veterans' Affairs, or
- a NSW or ACT Seniors Card.
If you live outside NSW or the ACT, you may be eligible if you hold a valid seniors card issued by an Australian state or territory government.
Note: NSW Senior Savers Card holders are not eligible for a gold Opal card.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the 'I want to order a Senior/Pensioner Opal card' option.
- Read the eligibility criteria, then select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Enter your personal details and password.
- Enter your entitlement details. Your details must match what's shown on your concession card exactly.
- Add a value if you'd like to use your card as soon as you get it, then enter the delivery details for the Opal card.
- If you've added a value, enter your payment details.
- Your Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days.
If you're an eligible senior who lives outside of NSW or the ACT, you should:
- Download and complete the Interstate Seniors (excluding ACT Seniors) Application for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card – PDF.
- Include a photocopy of the front and back of your eligible seniors card.
- Email or post your application to the details on the form.
If you're applying as an eligible senior from outside NSW/ACT, you need to submit your application at least 3 to 4 weeks before travelling to NSW to allow time for processing and postal delivery.
Pensioner concession card and seniors card holders may also be eligible for regional travel discounts: