The gold pensioner Opal card gives you unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, on public transport services across the following regions:
- Sydney (not including the Sydney airport station access fee)
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Southern Highlands.
Your gold Opal card also entitles you to:
- $2.50 all day travel with the Regional Excursion Daily ticket on local buses
- $2.50 all day travel with the Country Pensioner Excursion ticket for booked NSW TrainLink Regional services
- 2 return (or 4 single) free or discounted trips on NSW TrainLink Regional services in economy class each calendar year, with Pensioner Travel Vouchers. If you're travelling interstate on your free journeys, you'll need to pay 50% of the applicable fare from the NSW border to the interstate destination.
You can apply online for a gold pensioner Opal card online.
Holders of one of the following:
- pensioner concession card issued by Services Australia
- pensioner concession card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the 'I want to order a Senior/Pensioner Opal card' option.
- Read the eligibility criteria, then select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Enter your personal details and password.
- Enter your entitlement details. Your details must match what's shown on your concession card exactly.
- Add a value if you'd like to use your card as soon as you get it, then enter the delivery details for the Opal card.
- If you've added a value, enter your payment details.
- Your Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days.
Transport services in Sydney and surrounding areas include:
- all Sydney Trains
- all NSW TrainLink Intercity services
- all buses in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra
- all Sydney Ferries and the Stockton Ferry in Newcastle
- the light rail.