The gold seniors Opal card gives Seniors Card holders unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, when using public transport services across the following regions:
- Sydney (not including the Sydney airport station access fee)
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Southern Highlands.
This includes travel on:
- all Sydney Trains
- all NSW TrainLink Intercity services
- all buses in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra
- all Sydney Ferries and the Stockton Ferry in Newcastle
- the light rail.
Apply online for a gold seniors Opal card.
How to apply
If you're an eligible senior who lives in NSW or the ACT:
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the 'I want to order a Senior/Pensioner Opal card' option.
- Read the eligibility criteria, then select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Enter your personal details and password.
- Enter your entitlement details. Your details must match what's shown on your concession card exactly.
- Add a value if you'd like to use your card as soon as you get it, then enter the delivery details for the Opal card.
- If you've added a value, enter your payment details.
- Your Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days.
If you're an eligible senior who lives outside of NSW or the ACT, you should:
- Download and complete the Interstate Seniors (excluding ACT Seniors) Application for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card – PDF.
- Attach a photocopy of the front and back of your eligible seniors card.
- Email or post your application to the details on the form.
- holders of a NSW or ACT Seniors Card.
If you're an eligible senior who lives outside NSW or the ACT, you may be eligible if you hold a valid seniors card issued by an Australian state or territory government.
Note: NSW Senior Savers Card holders are not eligible for a Gold Opal Card.
Things to keep in mind...
- If you're applying as an eligible senior from outside NSW/ACT, keep in mind that the gold seniors Opal card for interstate seniors is valid for 60 days from the date of issue. If you need it for more than 60 days, you should apply again before your Opal card expires.