The gold seniors Opal card gives Seniors Card holders unlimited travel for no more than $2.50 a day, when using public transport services across the following regions:
- Sydney (not including the Sydney airport station access fee)
- Blue Mountains
- Central Coast
- Southern Highlands.
This includes travel on:
- all Sydney Trains
- all NSW TrainLink Intercity services
- all buses in Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Hunter and Illawarra
- all Sydney Ferries and the Stockton Ferry in Newcastle
- the light rail.
Apply online for a gold seniors Opal card.
- Holders of a NSW or ACT Seniors Card.
- If you're an eligible senior who lives outside NSW or the ACT, you may be eligible if you hold a valid seniors card issued by an Australian state or territory government.
Note: NSW Senior Savers Card holders are not eligible for a Gold Opal Card.
How to apply
If you're an eligible senior who lives in NSW or the ACT:
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the 'I want to order a Senior/Pensioner Opal card' option.
- Read the eligibility criteria, then select 'Continue ordering an Opal card'.
- Enter your personal details and password.
- Enter your entitlement details. Your details must match what's shown on your concession card exactly.
- Add a value if you'd like to use your card as soon as you get it, then enter the delivery details for the Opal card.
- If you've added a value, enter your payment details.
- Your Opal card will be mailed to you within 5 to 7 working days.
If you're an eligible senior who lives outside of NSW or the ACT, you should:
- Download and complete the Interstate Seniors (excluding ACT Seniors) Application for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card – PDF.
- Include a photocopy of the front and back of your eligible seniors card.
- Email or post your application to the details on the form.
If you're applying as an eligible senior from outside NSW/ACT, you need to submit your application at least 3 to 4 weeks before travelling to NSW to allow time for processing and postal delivery.