You can apply online for a National Police Certificate from NSW Police Force. This certificate may be required for any of the following:
- student placement
- occupational licences
- working in residential aged care services or with vulnerable people.
What you'll need
- your personal and contact details
- 3 original proof of identity documents (not photocopies), as listed on the application form.
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Complete the online application form.
- Read and accept the consent.
- Enter your payment details, or submit your application and pay in person when you visit the police station.
- Print the confirmation page.
- Bring the confirmation page and your proof of identity documents to your local police station to complete the application.
You must be:
- 14 years old or over when applying
- a permanent resident of NSW.
If you live outside NSW, you can apply for a National Police Certificate in your state or territory.
Things to keep in mind...
- Allow about 30 minutes for your application to be received before visiting a police station to complete your application.
- If you're unable to print the confirmation, write down the document ID number from the confirmation page.
- If fingerprints are required, you should contact your local police station before visiting, so a police officer can be assigned to take your fingerprints.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.