You can apply online for a National Police Certificate from NSW Police Force. This certificate may be required for any of the following:
- student placements
- admission as a lawyer
- volunteers in Commonwealth aged care facilities.
You must be:
- 14 years old or over when applying
- a permanent resident of NSW.
If you live outside NSW, you can apply for a National Police Certificate in your state or territory.
What you need
- an email account to receive your verification code
- proof of identity documents, as listed in the online application.
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Follow the prompts to receive your digital certificate.
- If you need a name, date of birth and fingerprint check as part of your application, you'll receive a letter by email advising you to attend your local police station to have your fingerprints taken.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.