You can apply online for a National Police Check from the NSW Police Force. This check may be required for any of the following:
- licence or registration applications (for employment)
- student placements
- admission as a lawyer
- volunteers in Commonwealth aged care facilities.
You must be:
- 14 years old or over when applying
- a permanent resident of NSW.
If you live outside NSW, you can apply for a National Police Check in your state or territory.
What you need
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Follow the prompts to apply for your police check.
- If you need a name, date of birth and fingerprint check as part of your application, you'll receive a letter by email advising you to attend your local police station to have your fingerprints taken.
- If you need a criminal record check for Australian citizenship, residency, spouse visa, guardianship of a child from another country, working visa, or while travelling or living abroad, you can apply online via the Australian Federal Police website.
Last updated: 17 November 2022