If you'd like to act as a guide for people wanting to hunt game birds on private property in NSW, you'll need a general guide game hunting licence (G-guide).
You can apply for this licence online.
To be eligible for a NSW G-guide licence you must:
- be 18 years or older
- be a member of an AHO
- have a current Safari Tour Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry
- hold a firearms licence.
To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.
What you need
- your personal and contact details
- your residential/postal details
- your firearms licence number and expiry date
- a copy of your approved hunting organisation (AHO) membership card or certificate
- your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
- your concession details (if applicable).
How to apply
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Enter your payment details.
- Select 'Submit'.
- Game hunting licences being used for guiding others, don't include public liability insurance cover. Any insurance is the responsibility of the licence holder.
- Licences can be from 1 to 5 years duration.
When guiding others, you must:
- carry a firearm on all guided hunts for the purposes of animal welfare
- ensure that relevant sections of the Game and Feral Animal Control Act 2002 and its associated Regulation 2012 are understood before undertaking any hunting or guiding under licence
- adhere to the Hunters' Code of Practice and abide by related legislation
- ensure that all clients comply with the relevant legislation and hold a current G-licence when hunting deer and other game animals on private land
- keep a log book recording your hunting guide activities.