With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


If you'd like to act as a guide for people wanting to hunt game birds on private property in NSW, you'll need a general guide game hunting licence (G-guide).

You can apply for this licence online.


To be eligible for a NSW G-guide licence you must:

  • be 18 years or older
  • be a member of an AHO
  • have a current Safari Tour Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry
  • hold a firearms licence.

To make sure that you have all the information you need to complete this transaction, please visit the Department of Primary Industries.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • your residential/postal details
  • your firearms licence number and expiry date
  • a copy of your approved hunting organisation (AHO) membership card or certificate
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • your concession details (if applicable).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Enter your payment details.
  4. Select 'Submit'.

More information

  • Game hunting licences being used for guiding others, don't include public liability insurance cover. Any insurance is the responsibility of the licence holder.
  • Licences can be from 1 to 5 years duration.

When guiding others, you must:

  • carry a firearm on all guided hunts for the purposes of animal welfare
  • ensure that relevant sections of the Game and Feral Animal Control Act 2002 and its associated Regulation 2012 are understood before undertaking any hunting or guiding under licence
  • adhere to the Hunters' Code of Practice and abide by related legislation
  • ensure that all clients comply with the relevant legislation and hold a current G-licence when hunting deer and other game animals on private land
  • keep a log book recording your hunting guide activities.
You'll be taken to another website.