Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you're visiting from overseas and want to hunt game birds on private property in NSW, you'll need the permission of the landowner, and a general visitor's game hunting licence (G-visitor's).

You can apply for this licence online.


As a visitor, while on a hunt, you must be accompanied at all times by one of the following licence holders:

  • a Restricted game hunting licence (R-licence)
  • a General game hunting licence (G-licence)
  • a Restricted guide game hunting licence (R-guide)
  • a General guide game hunting licence (G-guide).

If you want to use a firearm to hunt game animals in NSW, you must also:

  • have been issued with an Overseas Visitors Safari Tour/Hunting Permit from the NSW Police Force Firearms Registry, prior to submitting this application
  • only hunt in:
    • a specified organised safari with a guide who has been granted a Safari Tour Permit, or
    • activities organised by a hunting club approved by the Firearms Registry.

What you need

  • your personal details
  • your residential details
  • your contact details while in Australia
  • your hunting guide's R-licence or G-licence number (standard or guide)
  • your hunting guide's contact details
  • proof of junior concession (if applicable)
  • Parent/legal guardian consent form – PDF (if under 18 years of age)
  • your Waterfowl Identification Test number (if hunting native game birds in NSW)
  • if you're intending to hunt with a firearm:
  • a current credit card for your payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button.
  2. Complete the online form.
  3. Upload any supporting documentation.
  4. Enter your payment details.
  5. Select 'Submit'.

If you're not able to apply online:

  1. Download and complete Application for a NSW general (visitor’s) game hunting licence – PDF.
  2. Submit your application with payment by email, mail or fax, to the details on the form.

More information

  • The G-visitor's licence does not allow you to hunt on declared public hunting land, and is issued for a period of 1 year only.
  • Visitors are encouraged to request the licence details of any guide before engaging their guiding services.
  • Supporting documentation can be .doc, .jpg, or .pdf files.
You'll be taken to another website.